Finally, in my quest to learn more how technology leaders of today describe “UX Writing,” I came across Amazon’s LinkedIn page and job description. It’s fairly broad compared to the others (Google, Apple, and Spotify) in that it includes marketing content.
You’re a brilliantly talented Senior UX Writer with a fine-tuned ability to contextually communicate the right thing in the right place at the right time to your customers. As a member of the Retail Systems User Experience team, you’ll work with some of the best product and engineering teams in the world–UX Researchers, UX Designers, UX Writers, PMs, and Developers–to create product experiences that start and end with the customer. You’ll write short and long copy, craft headlines, and collaborate on the end-to-end user experience.Our UX team owns the external-facing programs that help companies sell their products to Amazon. This position is part of Amazon’s Retail Systems, which is responsible for building the technology that powers the multi-billion dollar retail business.
- Has a proven track record of taking ownership and driving initiatives.
- Is obsessed with the customer experience, always pushing for the highest standards and inspiring others to do the same.
- Has an unwavering attention to detail, with an acute awareness that every word and detail in creative execution counts.
- Is highly collaborative, with a proven track record for partnering closely with other teams to influence positive outcomes and propose well-informed new directions.
- Has a good sense of humor and enjoys being a part of a team who likes to work hard while still having fun!
- 5+ years experience as a UI/UX writer or similar role within UX.
- A portfolio of your work that showcases the UX problem you helped solve for, your contributions, and the impact to the customer.
- Self-motivated with strong time-management skills. Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
- A team player with exceptional communication and collaboration skills, who can influence others to achieve goals and meet deadlines.
- High attention to detail when managing multiple projects and incorporating feedback from others.
- Excellent at creating and maintaining cross-functional working relationships.
- Experience creating terminology and usage lists, editorial patterns, and UI text style guidelines.
- A history of positive teamwork with some experience teaching and mentoring others.
- Experience writing marketing or advertising copy is also preferred.